Preschool Student Goals
We would like to direct your child toward 10 goals:
- To be more aware of Christian morals and values expressed by actions.
- To be more aware of God's world.
- To develop an enthusiastic attitude towards school, a real desire to learn, and a positive self-image.
- To learn by active participation in a fully integrated curriculum.
- To attain a well-rounded personality by trying things for him/herself, by facing problems and trying to solve them, by assuming responsibility for his/her own actions and learning to adjust to occassional failure.
- To behave in a socially approved manner and to become a contributing member of the group.
- To attain maximum physical performance by improving the coordination of primary and secondary muscle groups and by learning good health habits.
- To develop intellectually so that he/she can initiate activities, learn to ask questions and discover answers, and use language to comprehend and give verbal explanations.
- To develop perceptual skills.
- To learn and implement positive and appropriate conflict resolution strategies.
Children learn by doing, manipulating, experiencing, observing, imitating, exploring, discovering, questioning and evaluating. These are our methods. We will be exploring many areas, including: religion, art, music, drama, dance, language arts, math, science, social studies, and nutrition. We introduce concepts to the children through developmentally appropriate activities based on interest level and readiness. Children have a vast capacity to learn, especially when material is presented in game-like situations without performance pressure.
Return to the Preschool Home Page